1.24.2006

Too Much Chamois Time

Had one of those training rides this weekend. You know, those u.s. army rides where you say, "we kill more people before noon, than most small countries do all day".

Got out of bed at 6:45 am, threw the winter-riding gear on and got on the saddle by 7:15. I only wish I could attack workdays w/that much enthusiasm, oh well that's for another blog. It's so nice riding before 8:00 am on the weekends...very little traffic, get to see the sun rise. Met Quintana and Raymundo an hour into my ride. My freezing ass even had time to stop by Starbuck's before meeting them and have myself an espresso doppio, or whatever the hell they call corporate-branded double espressos.

Finally got some company for my ride, and rode the backway to Johnson City. By the time we had turned around and I had made it back to the house, it was 90 miles later, 2:30 in the afternoon, and over 6 hours of saddle/chamois time. My neck, hands, and ass appreciated my doorstep.

Best part was when Kathy tells me, "I reorganized our bedroom, I want you to close your eyes." Anyway, I open them and it was actually my new frame that had just arrived from sunny Guam. It will hopefully take it's maiden voyage tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home