7.07.2008

The Broken Spoke

Rode from Sunspot to Timberon and back. Just couldn't get enough of that descent.


About a mile after turning around, I broke a rear spoke on my paired spoke wheel. That means the wheel starts rubbing the chainstay. Gave Kathy the keys and told her to go on without me, and come back for me if I wasn't able to fix it or catch her. Had to MacGyver the spokes with my chain/spoke tool, since my nipples are special and the spoke tool didn't fit it. Managed to loosen 3 spokes enough so no more rubbing happened. Loosened the rear brake (won't need that going uphill) and took off. Had to ignore the bump in my wheel, since my wheel was no longer perfectly round.

Eventually caught up to Kathy an hour later.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Snuck up on her.
Photobucket

I don't think I scared her.
Photobucket

THANK YOU CLOUDCROFT!!! GOOD NIGHT!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home